No screens. just fresh air, fresh water, and fun!
Camp Podooc is a day-camp conducted on the WEST side of Lake George Regional park that runs in 2 distinct 2-week sessions for area youth, grades 1-6. 9:00-2:30. Campers experience swim lessons, outdoor field games, nature crafts, drama programming, environmental education, and have free lunch available.
Camp Podooc on Lake George dates for the 2019 season are as follows:
SESSION #1 July 8-19, 2019
Skowhegan (and surrounding area): Busing from Skowhegan Rec Center (pick up 8:45, drop off 2:45)
SESSION #2 July 22-Aug 2, 2019 Session #2 is now full
Canaan/Athens (and surrounding area): No busing, parents provide transportation directly to Lake George
FREE to Canaan residents. Vacant slots available to non-residents for fee.
Please be prompt with pick up and drop off and be sure to check your child in with camp staff only.
Park Policy: Lake George Regional Park is a public park. It will rem. open to the public during day camp. Only staff and campers are authorized to be part of camp activities during day camp hours. If you are a park member or choose to pay the park fee, we ask that you follow park rules and keep a respectful distance from camp activities.
- Make sure your child wears proper footwear (no open toed shoes) for all activities.
- Flip-flops may be worn during swim time only.
- Do not send cell phones, iPad, iPod, etc. to camp with your child.
- Provide your child with sunscreen, bug repellent, and hat.
- Pack lunches in recyclable bags or coolers….no glass
- Please be on time for pick up and drop off.
- Label all items your child brings to camp.
- Pack a personal water bottle or cup for drinking We have tested well water on site. Be sure your child brings a towel and bathing suit.
- Pack clothing for changes in weather. Mornings are always chilly here at the lake.
- The last day of camp includes theater performances and art displays. Families and encouraged to come and watch.
Registration can be done online via our google form: Camp Podooc Registration
Canaan campers will need to register at the park office on RT. 2 at 10 Main St., Canaan. M-F from 9 -12 am and 1 pm-3 pm. Please do not drop off applications off at the school.