Camp Podooc on Lake George dates for the 2016 season are as follows:
July 25th through August 5th for Skowhegan and August 8th through 12th for Canaan camp.
The pick-up and drop-off point for Skowhegan will be at the community center. Campers should arrive between 8:30 and 8:40 am to catch the bus. The bus will return to the community center around 2:45pm. The Canaan kids will catch the bus at the Canaan school at the pick-up and drop off times previously listed. If you do not use the bus, you may drop your child off at the park between 8:30 and 8:45 am and pick them up between 2:30 and 2:45pm. Please be prompt with pick up and drop off and be sure to check your child in with camp staff only.
Very important for Canaan Campers this year: Please take notice. ….
Due to the budget cuts this year in the town of Canaan there will be some changes to camp Podooc. The town was unable to fund the entire two weeks of camp. They were able to afford half of that this year. What this means is that there will only be one week of camp for Canaan kids. There will be no change to Skowhegan’s fees at this time.
Park Policy: Lake George Regional Park is a public park. It will rem. open to the public during day camp. Only staff and campers are authorized to be part of camp activities during day camp hours. If you are a park member or choose to pay the park fee, we ask that you follow park rules and keep a respectful distance from camp activities.
- Make sure your child wears proper footwear (no open toed shoes) for all activities.
- Flip-flops may be worn during swim time only.
- Do not send cell phones, iPad, iPod, etc. to camp with your child.
- Provide your child with sunscreen, bug repellent, and hat.
- Pack lunches in recyclable bags or coolers….no glass
- Please be on time for pick up and drop off.
- Label all items your child brings to camp.
- Pack a personal water bottle or cup for drinking We have tested well water on site. Be sure your child brings a towel and bathing suit.
- Pack clothing for changes in weather. Mornings are always chilly here at the lake.
- The last day of camp includes theater performances and art displays. Families and encouraged to come and watch.
Canaan campers will need to register at the park office on RT. 2 at 10 Main St., Canaan. M-F from 9 -12 am and 1 pm-3 pm. Please do not drop off applications off at the school.